lost X after todays update

quick_snack ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Mar 17 08:45:43 UTC 2005

I have had the same problems on my system (hoary PV / Rage 128 ).
Analysing the logfile I found out that the new xorg.conf had set the
default depth to '1', wich was not supported. So X did not start en
ended with a failure.

After I manually 'vimmed' the file and changed the default depth to
f.e. 24 startx worked! After a complete reboot my system responded
normal. I think this was all.

Would there be anything else for me to consider? I have read so far
about complete installation of the config-file.

Karel

edit: syntaxes

--
quick_snack