kacpid issues

Gary Jarrel gary at hybridkinetic.com.au
Thu Mar 17 03:00:04 UTC 2005

Hi Guys!

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm reasonably new to
the list. A few months back I've switched to using Ubuntu, instead of a
certain proprietary os [which shell not be mentioned].

The system is running perfect, (especially for development purposes
which I use it for) but there are a couple of issues.

The main being that after leaving a system unattended for a random
amount of time the kacpid daemon kicks in and eats up around 98% of the
cpu. The only way to fix this is to switch the system of and back on
again? I'm running on a HP Compaq nw8000 notebook and would be
interested to hear if anyone else ran into any issues like this.
Googling for it, seems to point to a bug in the debian kernel but I
can't seem to get a definitive answer.

The other issue although not really that important, is that I'm unable
to get bluetooth going, although I've spent very little time, any
general pointers would be really appreciated.

Thank you and sorry for the lengthy post.

- Gary