video mirror on iBook

Tony tony.kruse at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 03:58:53 UTC 2005

I think my problem may lie in that the graphics card in this older
iBook may not be well supported by radeon driver.  I believe it was
detected as an ATI Radeon Mobility (9000?) M6.  This iBook runs at
600MHz.

I have another, slightly newer iBook (800MHz) which currently runs on
Warty.  I was able to use the Hoary Preview Live CD and boot it, made
the modifications you suggested originally and it worked.  The
external video came through O.K.  So I know that when I am ready to
upgrade to Hoary it should be working.  I am a little concerned with
stability of Hoary to upgrade just yet.

I then tried modifying the existing Warty installation (pre x.org) and
have almost got it working.  The external video comes through O.K. but
the iBook screen has some flickering horizontal lines that I have not
yet been able to eliminate.

Tony