Kubuntu

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Mar 15 10:27:53 UTC 2005

I need some basic info about Kubuntu.

A linux Friend of mine, is a Mandrake and KDE fan.
I have not stopped to show him the advantages of Ubuntu over Mandrake,
for 5 months, since I upgrade my Mandrake 9.2 to Warty in october.
He is progressively starting to admit that Ubuntu is easier to use and
has better support/community, than Mandrake, and is generally, better.
But although he is open minded about Gnome, he still prefers KDE I
think. So the other day, I showed him the live CD of KUbuntu. He was
impressed with how polished and clean it was, despite still being KDE.
Yesterday, a miracle happened, he said he may try and switch to Kubuntu
at some point. YES !

So I would like to know : when will the stable release of KUbuntu be
released ? Same time as Hoary ? And are there any stable version  to be
released at all, or is under perpetual development, like Debian ?

The sooner there is a stable KUbuntu, the sooner I can get my friend off
of ugly and troublesome Mandrake ! :o)

Thanks in advance for the info

--
Vince