Root! Root! Root!

Stephen Ward s.ward at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 15 08:42:38 UTC 2005

There are some very good docs etc on how to make best use of sudo in the
wiki.  As a quick response though I find "sudo -s" or "sudo su" quite
useful.  Basically it opens a root shell without needing a root password.

Having said that I have a root password too (sudo passwd), but I find
the less I type it the more secure I feel :)

Regards
Stephen Ward