Just upgraded to Hoary Preview via CD...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:18:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:06:35 -0800, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 09:49:30AM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:38:54 -0800, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > > I find that extremely unlikely, unless you downloaded a Kubuntu CD by
> > > mistake.  The Hoary Preview CD does not contain any KDE packages.
> >
> > the name of the file I downloaded off the distrowatch link is :
> > hoary-preview-install-i386.iso
> > # md5sum hoary-preview-install-i386.iso
> > 0f04de0a00e922cda2e6c49c37eceb7f  hoary-preview-install-i386.iso
> >
> > I haven't yet downloaded the kubuntu iso...
>
> And how did you establish that it gave you KDE?

Because after the upgrade I did a ctrl-alt-backspace to restart X and
hopefully get xorg instead of xfree.
when I did that it dropped me back to the cmd line (ie something
broke), so I logged in (as root) and typed "gdm" and it told me that
command doesn't exist, so just to see what would happen I typed
"startx" and that started up KDE for me.

--
Ubuntu Warty 4.10 (desktop)
and Hoary 5.04 (Laptop) (kernel 2.6.10-25 686)