No sound when playing .wmv files

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Mon Mar 14 17:56:13 UTC 2005

hi all,
yesterday is installed 'hoary preview' on a friends computer and had
problems regarding the w32-codecs (couldnt get marillat repos working,
cause the entries in the wiki are wrong ). so i downloaded the 'all
codecs' package from mplayerhq.hu and had a look at the README.
they mention something like :
	* on debian the preferred dir is /usr/lib/codecs *
BUT they mention other dirs as well. so i symlinked all other dirs
mentioned to the preferred codecs-dir and then it started working.

maybe this helps some people too?

 ulrich