No sound when playing .wmv files

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:49:36 UTC 2005

Hi Vincent

It has *all* the codecs so am unsure as to why this failing for you.

I have a WMV 9 video that I used to test this.

Are you using generic Totem, or Totem-Xine?

Thanks,

Jon

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:23:25 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez
<vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> > I bit the bullet and did it in the wiki.
> >
> > https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/AddingCodecsToTotemHowTo
> >
> > Please take a look and provide feedback.
>
> Thanks for taking the time. Procedure was very clear, was done in a
> minute.
>
> Result : it plays even less files than the single w32codec from the
> marillat repo :o(
>
> I have many files that don't play :
>
> WMV 8
> WMV 9
> Intel Video 5 (avi file)
> Real video 3.0
>
> A "Real" file that plays but with problems, the vidoe plays way too
> fast, and there is no sound. Video part uses Real Video 1.0, and the
> audio uses "Real Audio SPIRO".
>
> It even failed to play the sound on one MPEG video. Sound uses :
> "Voxware Metasound"
>
> All in all, that's about 3 dozen files that don't play :o(
>
> May this Gstreamer framework success, and sort all this endless
> multimedia nightmares once and for all..... :-/
>
> --
> Vince, trying hard to keep the faith...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.
   - Isaac Asimov