PCHDTV HD-3000

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:48:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:12:55 -0800, Bob Nielsen <nielsen at oz.net> wrote:
> Is anyone on the list using a PCHDTV HD-3000 card?  The drivers, etc.,
> seem to be focused on Fedore Core systems and I wondered if there are
> any Ubuntu issues to consider before I start digging into this.

I have a PCHDTV HD-3000 in a Mandrake box, and didn't have any
problems getting it to work.  I haven't gotten around to moving that
box to Ubuntu.

I also recently bought a Air2Pc ATSC DVB card.  This card has support
via the linux dvb layer using the cvs linux-dvb drivers.  I was able
to sort of combine the kernel build how-to from the ubuntu wiki, and
some of the air2pc docs to get this to work on a Ubuntu Hoary AMD64
system.  I have some problems with video playback on that system.  But
I have Mythtv from cvs running and recording from the Air2PC fine.