Nautilus and FTP : reliable ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Mar 14 15:34:44 UTC 2005

Recently I tried to use Nautilus to connect to my web site and upload
stuff. I noticed that often, JPEG pics get corrupted during the
download, abnd once displayed with a browser, look crap.
When I use gFTP, no prblems at all.
Also I noticed that Nautilus has sometimes problems opening some
folders, it takes a long time and it displays a window saying "you can
cancel the action by pressing the cancel button of this dialob box",
like it finds it normal to take 30 seconds to open a folder, when gFTP
is much faster.

Is Nautilus FTP support still experimental or ??
I am using Warty/Gnome 2.8.1, has it improved with Gnome 2.10/Hoary ?

--
Vince