ML Donkey anyone ??

Nano ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Mar 13 23:41:12 UTC 2005

Trouilliez Vincent Wrote:
> > for mldonkey to use other networks then edonkey you have to enable
> them.
> > look in the webgui or better use the sancho-gui from
> > http://sancho-gui.sourceforge.net/
> > its the best gui for mldonkey so far and comes in a lot of flavours.
> > the gui that comes with mldonkey s*cks :)
> >
> > hope this helps.
> >
> > ulrich
>

> Thanks Ulrich. Didn't find 'sancho' in Synaptic, but on their site they
> provide binary that's ready to run ! :o)
> Yes, has big pluses, the interface is responsive, and it has GTk
> widgets.
> But it has minuses, apparently it only connects to Edonkey network,
> wheras the ML Donkey's GUI connects to 3 networks, and, although it
> does
> have Gtk support, it still has ugly windows/KDE like icons all over the
> place which ruin everything sadly.
>
> So
>
> 1) Hopefully some kind and competent soul amongs Gnome developpers,
> will
> add Gnome icon support, so that it becomes a real Gnome GUI
> 2) how do I enable all the other networks then ???
>
> Vince

I use amule, azureus and gtk-gnutella, and some times Nicotine.
aMule is a great software, however sometimes it seems to get frozen
when connecting to another server.
Azureus is a great torrent application, but takes a bit of resources
since it's a java app. The download speed, however, is great.
Gtk-gnutella is a nice software, especially for finding that rare song
you need to complete your album. Much better than limewire, btw.
Nicotine (soulseek) is ok but not focused on download speed.

--
Nano