GLX errors

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at spymac.com
Sun Mar 13 03:22:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 02:07 +0000, baza wrote:
> Well, my system did not hang.... but glxinfo returns ...
>
> name of display: :0.0
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual
>
>    visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
>  id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> 0x21 24 tc  1  0  0 c  .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
> Segmentation fault
> baza at barbelith:~$

After searching the web I found the following to be correct for i810
cards:

In "/etc/X11/xorg.conf", under "Module" section, make sure to put the
following two lines:
        load	"glx"
        load	"dri"

Under the "DRI" section:
        Mode	"0666"

And under the "Device" section
        Driver	"i810"

If you need a reference, look at:
        http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~daneel/xorg.conf
(I found it via Google)

Once again, remove any NVIDIA packages you have (start Synaptic (from
System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager), and search for
nvidia, select any packages that show up and right-click and choose
"Mark for complete removal").

Tell us what you get (and sorry for being not so helpful as I don't have
any machines with Intel VGA card in it).
Ziyad.