GLX errors

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at spymac.com
Sun Mar 13 01:34:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 00:34 +0000, Baza wrote:
> How do I find out if the i810 module is loaded?  Modprobe i810??
>
> Baza

Run "/sbin/lsmod" or "cat /proc/modules".

In your case run the following:
        grep 'i810\|i830\|i915' /proc/modules

And to load a module, run:
        sudo modprobe module_name
(only root can load kernel modules, this is why you get the error
messages you mentioned on the other mail)

There is a better way: By making "hotplug" handles Video Devices, it
will load the correct module each time you boot the system ("hotplug"
does not handle video devices by default as, in some cases, it may cause
the system to *hang* during boot!, so be warned/prepared).  If you are
still willing to try it (I'm doing it my self but I have NVIDIA card):
        Edit /etc/default/hotplug and change the line that reads:
                IGNORE_PCI_CLASS_DISPLAY=true
        to:
                IGNORE_PCI_CLASS_DISPLAY=false

I hope this will work with you and solve your problem!.
Ziyad.