GLX errors

baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 23:12:56 UTC 2005

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 03:33 +0000, Baza wrote:
>

>>I've gone up to Hoary and since then I'm having all sorts of fun with X.
>>I've got all the resolutions I want now; but I can't get it to run 3D games,
>>tuxracer, foobillards, etc. I keep getting this GLX error. This is really
>>annoying, and not popular with the family who like their games.
>>
>>Can anyone help me sort this out?
>>
>>Baza
>>

>Could you run the following command in a shell under X and post the
>result back to the list?
>        glxinfo
>
>Just to be sure and not to waste time, is the following packages
>installed correctly?
>        xlibmesa-dri
>        xlibmesa-gl
>        xlibmesa-glu
>        nvidia-glx (only if you have NVIDIA VGA card)
>        xorg-driver-fglrx (only if you have ATI VGA card)
>
>I hope this helps.
>Ziyad.

All the above are installed, no nvidia or fglrx as I have an Intel
extream 3D

baza at barbelith:~$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual

   visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
 id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
0x21 24 tc  1  0  0 c  .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
Segmentation fault
baza at barbelith:~$

Baza