Manual Download of .debs

Bill Christiansen bill.christiansen at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 12 20:48:26 UTC 2005

It's certainly possible to browse to the online repositories and
manually download debs for installation and then install with
dpkg -i <package>

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/

It's not a recommended way of installing apps as you can run into
dependency issues but if you can't get online and need a particular
program to help get your modem working give it a go. I would recommend
trying gnome-ppp from the universe.