need copy of nvidia 6111 patched driver

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Mar 12 17:32:41 UTC 2005

> Something isn't right here. I should have specified sudo before all the
> commands. Did you try it as root via sudo?
>
> Was your computer set to boot directly into X at startup, or do you use
> "startx" after logging in?
>
> David

For all the steps, I always boot in "recovery mode", hence as root and
no X. And to apply changes, I just plain reboot to be sure.

But not to worry anymore. I have spent the last two hours trying to
re-install Hoary, but failed every time due to the hard-drive going
south, I give up. I can't afford to buy a new hard drive now, and when I
do, I will want 2 of them (to put them in Soft RAID 0), which will
further delay things. So looks like I will skip on Hoary and will stay
with Warty until Ubuntu 5.10.
Not a problem, Warty is very good, everything works, much better than
Hoary anyway, so far. Why change a winning team...for the sake of it ?
no....

--
Vince