nvidia drivers not working after todays hoary update

David M. Carney carney1979 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 15:30:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 15:20 +0000, david wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 15:36 +0100, Egon Bianchet wrote:
> > Il giorno sab, 12/03/2005 alle 14.19 +0000, david ha scritto:
> > > Greetings
> > >
> > > I installed the updates this morning and the NVIDIA driver stopped
> > > working. Thinking this might be because I was running Array6 I
> > > reinstalled using the Preview CD. Nvidia drivers worked perfectly, until
> > > I installed todays updates.
> > >
> > > Anyone else having the same problem?
> >
> > Same problem here.
> >
> > --
> > Egon Bianchet
> >

> In the meantime...
> the new drivers from NVIDIA work perfectly.
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux.html
>
> David

Agreed! I just rebuilt the driver and it works again.

Remove you nvidia-glx package. Some people have problem with the Nvidia
supplied driver if they leave this package installed. I had to rebuild
the Nvidia driver EACH TIME I REBOOTED until someone told me to remove
this package.

Follow the instructions on Nvidia's web site reached by clicking on the
"text README" link.

Best of luck!

David

--