[Hoary] Adobe Acrobat doesn't start ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Mar 10 16:43:14 UTC 2005

> I have the ftp.nerim.net repository in my sources.list (for mplayer,
> etc.) and although the version of the .deb is the same as that for hoary
> multiverse,

Yes, I was delighted to see that it made it into the Ubuntu
repositories, we should not have to add thir-party repositores, possibly
installing dubious quality packages.
I hope the win32 codecs will make it into Ubuntu too, at least until
Gstreamer is fully sorted, which will probably take...well... some
time ... :-/

> my copy may have come from there.  It has the acroread
> binary in /usr/lib/Acroread5/bin and I didn't need to make that link.
> The dialog box shows as 5.10 in the title, as well.

Hmmmm, strange...hopefully our Ubuntu package will be fixed...

> If they make changes, enabling scrolling with the mouse wheel would be a nice addition.

I have got a wheel on my mouse, but the mechanicals are badly designed,
so I can't really use it....frustrating... :o(

--
Vince