firewire drive detection

Gavin Hemphill gavin.hemphill at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Mar 10 14:46:36 UTC 2005

:-)  how timely - I think I've found the problem and it's in the hotplug
scripts - look for the delay (there's more than one if I remember right)
and the comment something like "I think this should be long enough"
obviously it isn't I went from 2 to 4 and haven't seen the problem
since.  I'm not at my Ubuntu box or I'd be more specific on where
exactly to make the change.

I'm bugged by another problem that I haven't found the solution to
though.  I've got a couple of IEEE1394b disks (800 rather than 400) and
I can't get any version of 2.6 that I've got (all on boxes with 400
cards) to recognize the disk if its the only one connected.  If I
connect a 400 disk then plug in the 800 everything is recognized.
Anybody have any suggestions?
	G++