HELP! video card issues?

samakv samakv at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:24:49 UTC 2005

Hello there.

I have an ATI Radeon 9200. My M/B is Asus A7V880, chipset is VIA KT880.
I got Ubuntu Warty installed.

I passed all installation steps, the only one that I did not pass was
the part where it should show GDM and a log in. A screen shows up but it
is all messed up. And the systems stops responding. ctrl-alt-delete
doesn't work. Only the mouse moves; responds to motions. Are there
issues with either the video card or mainboard chipset? Got lost in the
directory structure. Where can I see error logs or is it turned off by
default? During the transition from boot messages to GDM, there were no
error messages displayed to screen. Any one seen this before?

Sam akv