Daily CD 20050309.1/Array 6 Installation Report

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 10 00:06:53 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 06:53:10PM -0500, Matt Galvin wrote:
> So I tried doing an install from today's daily cd and it suffered the
> same fate as the 20050307 CD (covered in the thread Daily CD Install
> 20050307). It detected the IDE drives as SATA/SCSI drives and failed
> during formatting. Console #3 had the same info as last time and I CAN
> get into console #2 so if someone can tell me what debugging I can do,
> I would love to help find the problem!

The IDE controller you quoted is, I'm fairly sure, one of those affected
by the ATA_ENABLE_PATA bug that we're delaying the Hoary preview release
over.

Please try the 20050309.2 daily CD that I just released, which we
believe to correct this issue. It's only available for amd64 and i386 at
the moment, but we'll do the remaining architectures tomorrow morning.

Cheers,