installing firefox 1.0.1

Douglas Alves alves5 at cantv.net
Wed Mar 9 19:08:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 04:00 +0100, Philippe Landau wrote:
>  >>  >>> trying to install firefox 1.0.1 from
>  >>  >>> http://www.mozilla.org/
> just download it, then run it as normal user.
> it will be installed in the folder where you have the installer.
> you can then click on an empty space in the task bar
> and create a shortcut to firefox.

OK Boys, this is what I did, but FireFox won't run! :(  Only the
previous version (1.0) which I haven't uninstalled yet.

1) I went to mozilla.org (there appeared only 2 links: one for Spain and
another for Latin America. I chose the last).
2) I downloaded the file firefox-1.0.1.installer.tar.gz
into /home/user/My Downloads folder.
3) I double-clicked it and extracted the firefox-installer folder
into /home/user.
4) I entered firefox-installer folder and double-clicked on
firefox-installer shell script. I went through the installation.

Double-clicking on firefox-bin does nothing!

Help appreciated :/