Gnome 2.10 Officially Released!

Brian Pack darkaudit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:35:21 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 12:53 pm, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On a negative note, the official release means that now, all the bugs
> will not be fixed, and we will have to live with them for at meast 6
> MONTHS ! Boy, sounds like eternity :o(
> Of course our lovely developpers could work on it, but I guess they are
> plenty busy enough getting Ubuntu's "internals"/under the hood things,
> working as best as possible, so no time to fix Gnome.
>
> So, I am already looking forward to Hoary+1 / Gnome 2.12...

Such as file-roller turning into a complete pile of crap. It doesn't want to
extract to the folder I select if there are any folders in that one. It will
highlight the first one, and you can't un-highlight them. Unless you go back
a level, it will extract to one of the folders it finds in what should be the
intended destination folder.

A bug has already been filed, and has been passed upstream to the GNOME
developers themselves. So far, not much progress there.