Suspend question

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 9 16:52:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 03:31:13PM +0000, Baza wrote:
> I've an interesting problem with hibernate on my Hoary box... It turns my pc
> off rather than put it to sleep. I've done the amp=true and edited grub, but
> no hibernate.

Do you have a RESUME= line in /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf with a swap
partition listed there? We only got the installer fixed to do that
automatically late last night.

If not, edit /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf so that the RESUME= line looks
like "RESUME=/dev/hda8" or wherever your swap partition is (run 'swapon
-s' to see), and then run:

  mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd.img-`uname -r` `uname -r`

Cheers,