Reiserfs vs ext3

kiddo ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Mar 8 18:55:33 UTC 2005

As for ReiserFS, that's what I'm running on all my drives since january,
2005. No problems at all. I am aware, however, that this is much less
stable than ext3 (but.. soooooo fast!).

That's why I have a 200gb backup drive. Rsync helps a lot. To give you
an idea, reiserFS analyzes ~90K files/folders for my backups, within 1
minute.

I just started using it too for backuping my web server on the same
backup drive. Even though it comes from reiserFS, passes through my
network, then goes in a FAT drive, it still takes UNDER 6 seconds to
have my backup updated! Amazing. (the server has ~30K files per backup)

--
kiddo