[Hoary]order cd's?, Ubuntu promotion at CeBIT and LinuxTag

Thomas Templin lists at gnuwhv.de
Tue Mar 8 14:52:39 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 15:14, Sven Wagschal wrote:
> Thomas Templin schrieb:
> > As Rosemarie Schuster, Linux New Media, who sets up the
> > OpenSource Pavillon at CeBIT fair there are no Ubuntu talks, no
> > presentation, nothing at all.
> >
> > In my eyes it's a shame that all people of canonical, Ubuntu,
> > Shuttleworth Foundation don't take this chance to promote Ubuntu
> > in Europe. It's like having pearls for free but forget to tell
> > anyone about.
> >
> > Bye,
> > Thomas
>
> There will be an Ubuntu presentation on the Cebit:
>
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/cebit2005
Thats exactly what I've been talking about.
And thats what you answered me on my mail asking about Ubuntu at CeBIT
on this list a week or two ago.

There will be 1 or 2 square meters which credativ generously gives for
a presentation. Thats better than nothing and this is a very friendly
offer of credativ (they pay the bill). But nevertheless I think that
somepeople missed somechances. To say it in german, "Gelegenheit
Verpennt!", might be translated as "opportunity overslept!"
It's tragic... *sigh*

In my eyes Ubuntu is at least good for 9 square meters, like the
debian booth this year. And Ubuntu is very interesting for all kind
of users. Especially for younger people due to its artistic geek
factor.
I may give some examples of statements if you want what some young
fellows (12 - 16 Years of age) told me last weekend at LinuxTage
Chemnitz. "Ubuntu / Gnome is cooool!", was one of them.

OK, nevertheless I still see a chance that Ubuntu will win the Linux
New media Award for the best newcomer distribution this year.
As Skolelinux did last year...

Bye,
Thomas

<ironic>
But if this is a forecast of how Ubuntu is promoted in Europe...
Better we don't talk about.
</ironic>

Thomas Templin - thomas at skolelinux.de