Torcs : how to start it ?

Peter Simpson ubuntu at petethetree.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 12:34:11 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 Mar 2005 12:15, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > On wto, 2005-03-08 at 12:18 +0100, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > > How can I start it ?
> >
> >  Try to find it with:
> >
> > emil at rude:~ $ whereis ls
> > ls: /bin/ls /usr/share/man/man1/ls.1.gz
> >
> >  or
> >
> > slocate torcs | less
>
> NO luck whatsoever. It looks like it installed loads of data (tracks,
> cars etc...), but not the program itself. I would have to compile it
> from source... impossible mission :-/
>
> If anyone managed to compile it on Warty, please speak up :-)
>
> --
> Vince

dpkg -L <package-name>

tells you all files installed by <package-name>

You particularly need:

dpkg -L torcs

Pipe it to more, so that you can see the full list.

NB: whereis (or which) won;t fnd it for root because games are not in root's
path.

slocate might not have worked because the overnight cron job to update the
database has not yet been run...

HTH,
TreeBoy