CPU frequency control

Hervé Cauwelier herve.cauwelier at nospam.free.fr
Mon Mar 7 18:34:14 UTC 2005

Lyndon Drake wrote:
> I had
> a look at the CPU frequency monitor applet in GNOME, and that also shows
> the CPU frequency getting scaled back as soon as I stop doing anything
> CPU intensive.

So powerscaling is functionning properly. You should be happy. :-)

> How can I stop the CPU frequency scaling, or at least limit it to
> something a little more reasonable?

The default profile covers most uses. If your X applications worked fine
a few days before, the problem could be caused by something else. What
have you changed lately? Maybe you upgraded the kernel?

--
Hervé Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/