Japanese Input solved

nashife ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Mar 6 18:12:43 UTC 2005

Hey toyfactory, that's awesome you got it to work! I'm very jealous. ha
ha. :)

toyfactory Wrote:

> I managed to get this solved eventually, Jan Morén pointed me in the
> right direction with the command:
>
> LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8 oowriter

This was one of the first things I tried. It's explained in the
JapaneseHowTo wiki page (http://tinyurl.com/54xjf)

However, for me (and for others who posted earlier in this thread) this
doesn't work.

Could you tell me what's in your /home/.gnomerc file?

Also, this isn't quite as related, but I"m also trying to change the
keys that turn on and off the IME.  Do you still use shift+space? If
not, could you tell me what you've got in your ~/.uim file? I'm trying
to learn the syntax... particularly how to get my windows key (Super_L,
right?) to be part of that key combination.

--
nashife