Hoary - enabling hibernate mode

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sun Mar 6 16:30:17 UTC 2005

On su, 2005-03-06 at 08:09 -0500, David M. Carney wrote:

> Hmmm... I have hibernate mode too - on my desktop! Haven't had the guts
> to see what it would do... ;-)
>
> David

I tried it - my screen just went black (I have a normal desktop
computer). I waited for a while and then pressed Enter - nothing
happened. Then I pressed Esc, Ctrl + Q, Del, ... finally I had tried
every key on my keyboard and the screen still stayed black. Then I
reseted my PC and the trial was over. Sorry, but can't tell you how
hibernate works :-)

Ari