Japanese Input solved

nashife ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun Mar 6 07:16:11 UTC 2005

Are there any more ideas on this problem? I'm able to type in
Japanese in everything except for openoffice.  I've also followed the
same steps nick/toyfactory has tried, and it seems that we are in the
same place.

Any other ideas?  Any idea why openoffice won't recognize the
shift+space command?

Do you think it would it help to change the "turn on my IME
Key-combination to something else? (I'm actually quite annoyed with the
shift+space combination anyway...)

I just found something:  According to Jim Breen,
(http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/linuxjwp.html) it's necessary to
"link [openoffice] up to your Input Method for Japanese" using the
following command (in Red Hat 7.3, anyway):

Code:
    LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERS=@im=kinput2 /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1RC/program/swriter

What does this mean in Red Hat? Is there an equivalent step in Ubuntu?

--
nashife