Array CD 6

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 5 23:11:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:31:53PM +0100, Henning Sprang wrote:

> - I feel the boot process takes longer than with other live cd's i
> tested, but admit, I didn't measure it
> - Maybe there are too many text messages in the boot process, with
> which a less computer literate user cannot do much and can get
> confused. i saw knoppix solving this by showing some nice picture,
> plus a text "hit f1 for verbose messages"

We'll make it faster and prettier for the next release.  For this one, the
focus was on getting it to work reliably.

> - Knoppix users are accustomed to have access to their harddisk from
> the live cd, I am not sure if the way they do it - having an icon for
> each disk on the desktop - is the best, but accessing the harddisk
> easily is quite nice

There wasn't quite time for this feature, though it's on the list of things
we'd like to do eventually.  We have only so much time available, though.

If these were your primary issues, I take it that your overall experience
was positive. :-)

--
 - mdz