Help with webmin :(

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:59:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:19:52 +0000, Eamonn Sullivan
<eamonn.sullivan at gmail> wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 00:03:21 +1100, Adam Membrey
> <membreya at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get webmin up and running and I can't even get beyond the
> > logon screen.  It keeps returning that my password is incorrect.
>
> By default, the root account is locked on Ubuntu. You need to unlock it.
>
> $ sudo passwd root

Very strange! I've NEVER enabled root on this Ubuntu machine yet
webmin works perfectly fine for me (except, I forget what I set the
password to so I have to login via one particular web browser which
remembers my password ;-).

I did install WebMin from source back in 11/2004 when i was still
running Ubuntu Warty so perhaps that made a difference?

Eric.