Degression: Array 6 Live CD not working (Array 5 was ok)

Matthias Ohlemeyer matthias.ohlemeyer at web.de
Fri Mar 4 22:51:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been playing with the last Array Live CDs and since Array 6 it does
not work for me. The results:

Array 4: Loads ok

Array 5: Loads ok, but spends several minutes in the step "Preparing for
live session: Sprache speichern ..."

Array 6: Does not load; the first boot messages seem ok, but after the
step "Detecting Hardware to find CD ROM Drives: Scanning CD ROM" I get a
red screen telling me "Load installer components from CD: Installation
step failed". This happens when booting from any of my two CD drives
(CD-ROM, CD-RW) on my Desktop PC. On the other hand it does not happen
with the same CD on my laptop machine where ubuntu Array 6 loads ok.

Is there any chance to find some more detailed log messages to give a
little more input? (I see there is a way to open a shell from the Error
message, but I don't know where to look.)

I've got a nicely working Warty installation on my PC and I'd like to
make sure that everything still works after upgrading to Hoary.

--Matthias