burning CD-R's

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Mar 2 16:04:36 UTC 2005

Erik Bågfors wrote:

>>I haven't tried burning a CD with Nautilus, but you should not try to
>>mount the CD-R (you cannot because there is no file type before you do
>>the burning).  I have used K3b and graveman (both of which are nice),
>>but I keep going back to the command line when burning .iso files (which
>>works for me every time):
>>
>>sudo cdrecord -pad -v -eject -driveropts=burnfree dev=/dev/cdrom  <filename.iso>
>>
>>Or, in script form:
>>
>>$cat ~/bin/makecd.sh
>>
>>#!/bin/bash
>>sudo cdrecord -pad -v -eject -driveropts=burnfree dev=/dev/cdrom $1
>>

>Why are you running as root?

By default, only root has permission to write to the CD drive, but you
can override this by making cdrecord SUID=root

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c