ATI or Nvidia??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Mar 2 05:49:17 UTC 2005

> I update daily.
> No strange output in any of the logs. Looks like everything is loading
> properly.
>
> It shows the Nvidia splash, then I hear the gdm "song", see my cursor
> and X is frozen.

Same here :o(
I tried it with Array 3 at the time, and gave up, but I just tried a
minute ago, Array 5 with daily updates, and it's still the same :

I install nvidia-glx, replace "nv" by "nvidia" in xorg.conf, and add
"nvidia" to /etc/modules, like I do in Warty, but when I reboot, X goes
to start, then hangs on a black screen, hard lock.
No Nvidia splash screen, no GDM sound no nothing...

It is however a requirement for me to have it working, as I just can
picture myself not flying helicopters in X-Plane. No X-Plane... no
Hoary.
I hope they will fix it then...

Vince, a bit worried ...