[Hoary] Menus / Icons

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 22:17:37 UTC 2005

All

I know a lot of us have had oddities with the new freedesktop-based menu
system.

I came across something today which I can't remember if it's been
covered/documented.

I had three entries in my menu but no corresponding icons; no difference
on a reboot, etc.

Went to /usr/share/applications and located the .desktop files. The
icons were referenced using a non-absolute path and were not in the
generic pixmap folder.

Changed the icon to refer to the absolute path and the icons were
visible in the menu. Problem solved.

Is this known about, or do I need to log anything?

Thanks,

Jon