Auto-Complete Doesn't Work For Files?

Jonathan McLoughlin cjm at europe.renre.com
Tue Mar 1 16:20:57 UTC 2005

With bash autocomplete should work fine depending on the command you
have issued eg. an 'cd' wont give a file listing with <TAB> while 'ls'
would. There is also a script in /etc/bash_completion which I find very
useful it gives even more complete bash-completion with other commands,
i find it useful to auto complete apt, it works with many other progs
aswell. To activate this edit /etc/bash.bashrc look towards the bottom
of this file for "# enable bash completion in interactive shells" and
uncomment as required! Jonno