is there anyway to for me to allow another user to login same time as me

Stephen R Laniel steve at
Thu Jun 30 22:05:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 02:38:50PM -0700, David Foster wrote:
> This deffinatly looks like the best way of doing it. It opens a new gdm session
> at CTR+ALT+F8. Then CTR+ALT+F7 to get back to your running session. It does hog
> a bit of memory though :)

And it's not really equivalent to Fast User Switching under
OS X or Windows, as far as I can tell: you need to have as
many consoles allocated in /etc/inittab as you expect you'll
have logged-in users. As far as I know, OS X and XP allow
arbitrarily many logged-in users.

Stephen R. Laniel
steve at
+(617) 308-5571