sudo & accounts

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Thu Jun 30 19:03:11 UTC 2005

Hi

I installed a couple of days ago Ubuntu on the PC of my sun. Since I do
not want to authorize him to install software on the system, I created
the first account with my name/password, say daddy/passwd. Then I
created a user son/sonpwd and started organising his desktop and firefox
and so on. When I needed to install software, I thought I would be able
to do it with my (daddy's) passwd, but this did not work. I could only
do it by giving my son's passwd (sonpwd). This I find quite odd, is it a
mistake of mine that I think that the sudo passwd should be the passwd
from the first (trusted) created user?

Best regards,

Alain Muls
Royal Military Academy