Photography

David david at kenpro.com.au
Thu Jun 30 15:13:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 04:29:49PM +0200, Micha?l Van Dorpe wrote:
> Norman Silverstone wrote:
> > In the old days I
> > had a camera which used film and a darkroom with an enlarger, chemicals
> > and various pieces of processing equipment.
>
> and:
>
> > Gimp which is far too complicated.

I've found Gimp not very intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, it's
very powerful, and not difficult. You need to climb the learning curve,
but the view from the top is worth it.

Don't forget imagemagick.. I haven't done much with it myself, but it's an
amazing array of functions which are well worth researching. Especially
good if you want batch functions. I don't think there is anything like it
in either Mac or Windows.