xset fp rehash and XEmacs, XEmacs bug or X bug?

Neilen Marais nmarais at snowisp.com
Thu Jun 30 12:28:35 UTC 2005

hi

I'm having similar trouble, in this case with xemacs-mule.

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 18:53 +0200, kraft at fzi.de wrote:

> Strangely, xset fp rehash makes fonts work in every locale, until X is
> restarted again. I have no idea why.

XEmacs wil usually run without doing this, but it gives me warnings. On
stdout:

$ xemacs
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

and in XEmacs, I get a warning buffer the first time I press a key:

(1) (xim-xlib/warning) Can't get fontset resource for Input Method

Doing xset fb rehash makes all the warnings except the first:

Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

go away.

So, should I report a bug against XEmacs, or some other package? This is
in Hoary, BTW.

Thanks
Neilen