WiFi config trouble...

Sandip Bhattacharya sandip at lug-delhi.org
Thu Jun 30 10:01:04 UTC 2005

Sam Hiser wrote:
> Hello all-
>
> I'm still having difficulties with getting my ThinkPad (T21) to config
> for WiFi (Linksys WPC54G (cardbus) using Linuxant Driverloader).

I haven't used the linksys card, and the only laptop with wireless that
I have configured is Thinkpad R52. However, it didnt work out of the
box(U5.04) for me too, and I had to google for hours before fixing it.

Even now, after certain boots, the wireless doesnt work, and there are
certain obscure error messages in the logs. I have to do a 'modprobe -r
ipw2200' and then 'modprobe ipw2200' to make it work again. And oh yes,
I am using the latest ipw2200 code(ipw2200.sf.net) and the latest
firmware to make it all work. The one shipped in Ubuntu doesnt work.

I use WPA, and I had to google before finding out that WPA support is
not installed by default and that I had to install wpa_supplicant to
make it work. Thankfully, it is part of ubuntu repositories.

HTH,
 Sandip

Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     sandip at puroga.com
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3