I hate windows but i keep on comming back

Steve Torrefranca javacide at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:15:07 UTC 2005

Senectus . wrote:

>I haven't seen anyone mention it yet.. but I remember reading that the
>main goal of Breezy was to focus on Laptop and PDA usage and
>compatibility..
>Should mean that anyone with minor laptop issue's on next release will
>be extra happy :-)

now that you mention that... hmmmm this is quite strange...  i am having
some weird problems with my ibm thinkpad while none so far with the Acer
and HP desktop. BTW on the third week of using ubuntu i decided to
switch all machines to breezy for test...  they are doing fine except
this thinkpad.  Gnome hangs and does not finish booting up while xfce4
does not shut down session properly and i have to hit ctrl-alt-bkspace.

i tried fixing the xfce problem but so much dep that i could not figure
out how to fix it.  As desperate move I pinned os-works but still
doesn't install the whole xfld desktop.  I guess i have to wait till
these issues are resolved.

Also in ALL machines breezy takes a long time to boot compared to hoary.