I hate windows but i keep on comming back

Custom custom at freenet.de
Thu Jun 30 03:44:30 UTC 2005

Senectus . wrote:

> Ditto for the thinkpad.. with the exception of the modem and blue
> tooth.. but then I don't use either and haven't even tried to use
> them.

Modems are an issue yes..  An issue that will not go away.. Also... ss
Ubuntu is also aimed at developing nations where dialup-access will be
with us for a lot longer than in the West, it might be good to find some
way to make common cheap modems (winmodem/softmodem) work. If this
solution as a side effect also screws Linuxant Co. then even better.
(They charge more money for their Linux drivers than the cost of the
modem itself!)

As for bluetooth, that does work for me!  Plugged in a bluetooth dongle
(the most common, generic one) and apt-got 'bluez' and anything else
that a search for bluetooth stuff came up with.

It's not the most refined GUI known to mankind, but it does work for
sending files between my phone and computer.

Cheers,
Chanchao