how do i use apt-get

Arjan Geven arjangeven at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:39:59 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:
>  Perhaps if I new exactly
> > what Synaptic meant I would be more comfortable with the name. Can
> > anybody help please?
>
> Did you notice I can't spell? I meant knew not new. Perhaps that's why
> nobody has told me what synaptic means.

Norman,
You might have overlooked it, but it was mentioned already by Winton:

squareyes <squareyes at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> according to my medical dictionary,
> synapse  -  The functional junction between 2 neurons, a region of
> protoplasmic contiguity, but not continuity.
> synaptic - pertaining to to a synapse.
>
> Sounds reasonable to me, Synaptic Package Manager does a similar function,
> gathers packages and installs, similar to nerve  function :-)

So, it does something similar like a nerves and the connections
between neurons.. if that helps you. Anyway, just start the program,
type your password and your set. The program is pretty
straightforward, despite the name ;-).