I hate windows but i keep on comming back

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Wed Jun 29 07:20:30 UTC 2005

Hello Steve,

ST> I think it is safe to say that most Linux user no matter what dist they
ST> are using are running dual -boot.

Not so sure.. A reason to run linux is reduce licensing costs. So if I
put Ubuntu on a few PC's in the office then they won't have Windows on
them simply because they're not supposed to run windows.  I can buy HP
or IBM PC's without OS or with some flavour of Linux installed for a
bit less money than the same PC with XP Pro installed.  (Though the
real gains are with servers, of course)

Anyway, years ago people normally used Windows and dual-booted into
Linux just to play with or for educational purposes. If this turns
around into always running Ubuntu but also having Windows as a dual
boot option just to play with or for educational / compatibility
purposes then that's fine isn't it?

Cheers,
Chanchao