I hate windows but i keep on comming back

hagen van rissenbeck news4didascali at gmx.net
Wed Jun 29 06:53:51 UTC 2005

the 2nd...

I discussed in my former posting only software aspects and forgot
hardware issues...

When I started with linux I still used MS Windows (Dual boot), because I
wanted to run equipment which wasn't supported under linux. I don't know
why ;-) but my first scanner was a mustek with a new chip at that time.
It took more than one year until a linux-driver was programmed.

That's why I used ms windows. Then I took the chance to sell that mustek
scanner to a windows friend and I replaced it by an epson, which is
working fine.

To resume: Today I'm taking care of linux compatibility, if I buy
hardware. With the shops, where I ordinairily buy, I make always the
agreement, that I test the hardware and if it is not working under
linux, I get my money back...

So: Would I come back to windows for hardware compatibility reasons?

No ;-)