how do i use apt-get

Justin Speers justin at
Wed Jun 29 03:26:00 UTC 2005

I agree sorta.

I'd still like to keep the "synaptic" in the name.  I hate it when
distros I've tried don't use the nerdspeak I'm looking for.

Synaptic [Add / Remove Programs] would be nice for all parties involved.

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 10:09 +0700, Chanchao wrote:
> Hello Justin,
> Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 4:09:19 AM, you wrote:
> JS> The GUI for apt-get is called "synaptic."  You can find it in the Gnome
> JS> menu under "System / Administration."  Look for "Synaptic Package
> JS> Manager."
> Just imagine how much more sense it would make if it wasn't called
> 'Synaptic Package Manager' but 'Get or remove programs'.
> Cheers,
> Chanchao

More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list