Mac CD Eject Key

Neil Woolford neil at neilwoolford.co.uk
Tue Jun 28 17:38:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 11:55 -0500, Paul Sutcliffe wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to setup a key to open/eject the
> cdrom like mac computers does...

That'll teach me to reply before googling :(

I've now googled the Linux area of Google for 'cd drawer' and have
already learned that 'eject' and 'mount volume' menu items can be used
to open and close the drawer regardless of whether there is a disc in it
or not.  Of course the 'mount volume' item throws an error if there is
no disc in the tray.  Also, opening 'Computer', right clicking the drive
and the clicking the menu item is not up there with a nice dedicated
key.

But it does seem that the principle is possible;  maybe a panel applet
or a use for one of the 'Windows' keys?

Neil